Moving, Packing, and Storage across California with thousands of 5-star reviews from happy customers.
Check out our reviews
Request a FREE Quote Now
Trusted Intrastate Long Distance Movers
Whether you are moving from Orange County across the state or the country, AFD MOVERS Company has all the solutions for your long distance moving needs. Hiring a moving company helps you alleviate the stress that such an event brings to your life. AFD MOVERS Team will make sure you are satisfied from start to finish.
AFD MOVERS provides long distance moving services, focusing on and understanding all the nuances. Making a successful move we ensure that everything is relocated to your new home undamaged. AFD MOVERS has both great experience and the equipment to get the job done right. We treat each client on an individual basis. We have every angle of long distance moving covered, making your relocation effortless and enjoyable.
Your Move: Your Choice | Options for Intrastate Moving
AFD MOVERS provides our valued customers free use of our specialized heavy duty blankets that shall be used to protect your belongings in transit such as TVs, Headboards, Couches, Dressers, and other valued belongings at your request. Wardrobe boxes as well as power and hand tools for quick assemble and reassembly of any furniture including but not limited to Beds, Bunk Beds, Baby Cribs, Dressers/Mirrors, Tables, China Cabinets, etc. We do not charge for stairs or elevators, assembly, or reassembly. Our professional and friendly staff is well trained with years of moving experience to make your move as stress-free as possible. Contact us today to get free quotes.
Long Distance Moving Services from AFD MOVERS
Long Distance Movers offer moves across the state and the country. AFD MOVERS is a comprehensive and full-service long distance moving company. Our moving consultant will provide a free estimate with no hidden fees and discuss the timeline with you. Each of our long distance movers receives in-depth training on how to properly wrap, pack and move any item. Our professional packing services ensure the safe transportation of your belongings, and also fortifies your boxes, allowing them to withstand greater external pressure.
Serving California and Beyond
Tips for Moving Cross Country
Frequently Asked Questions
Intrastate move is a move that is within the same state AND that is over 100 miles. These are further than local moves, but they stay within the state lines.
Since we’re in California, we only do California intrastate moves. We do not do intrastate moves in any other state. Here’s an example of an intrastate move we do: Los Angeles, CA to San Francisco, CA (inside California and greater than 100 miles distance). But a move that just stays in California and doesn’t go over 100 miles is a local move to us – example: Los Angeles, CA to San Diego, CA.
And a long-distance interstate move would be a move that crosses a state line. So, Los Angeles, CA to Phoenix, AZ would be a long-distance interstate move.
There’s a lot of planning to be done for a long-distance intrastate move. In fact, an intrastate relocation would be far too difficult to perform without the help of experienced long distance or cross state movers in Orange County and Los Angeles. At AFD Movers Inc, we approach each move with undivided attention and care. Moving with us includes:
- Getting a flat rate quote: each long-distance move begins with our transparent estimate based on the total distance that needs to be traveled and the amount of goods to be transported.
- Packing and unpacking services: to make your move even easier, we can also pack your belongings in moving boxes and transport them damage-free to your new home.
- Dedicated trucks: one truck per customer, we move your belongings separately from anyone else’s, we will transport them to your new home safely, eliminating the possibility of your possessions getting mixed up.
Packing up all of your possessions and moving to a distant location across the state is a challenging endeavor. If you’ve decided to take this step, you probably already know that this type of move brings a whole host of decisions you have to make before the moving day arrives. Hopefully, the following tips will help you eliminate some of the stress from your relocation:
- It’s never too early to start planning: the earlier you start, the more time you’ll have to compare long distance movers reviews, figure out the timeline for packing, and determine which items you wish to move and which ones to leave behind.
- Do your research: before the moving day arrives, you should research the location you’ll be relocating to, as this will help you remove some of the uncertainty that long distance moving entails.
- Choose the right company: we can’t stress this enough; picking San Diego’s experienced and reliable long distance movers can go a long way towards making the entire process easier.
- Think about the timeline: organizing your time efficiently is one of the best ways to perform a successful intrastate move. For instance, you should try to plan in advance how and when you’ll declutter your home, pack your belongings, and disassemble your furniture.
- Hold on to valuable items: if you have any precious possessions that you wouldn’t want broken, consider transporting them in the car or plane with you. It’s a good idea to have a dedicated suitcase for your favorite items.
- Here are some more Tips for Moving Cross Country (link to our tips article)
Here are some Tips for Moving Cross Country (link to our tips article)
Searching online for “long distance company near me” and picking the first option that pops up is not enough if you want to make a successful move. Here are some questions you should ask when researching Orange County, or Los Angeles intrastate moving companies for your move:
- Are your movers licensed and insured? Your moving company should be able to provide proof that they have all the necessary licenses and insurance.
- Are your movers experienced? Long distance moving is a challenging job that requires quite a bit of skill and experience, so make sure to choose seasoned movers.
- Are your rates fully transparent? Make sure to ask your California mover to give you a detailed quote and double check to make sure that all expenses are included.
You are very welcome to show your appreciation if you’ve found trustworthy and hardworking professionals near you in California. If your movers have been friendly and dependable, and you’re satisfied with their work, tipping them is surely a good idea. Exactly how much you decide to tip is entirely up to you!